Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2011

1000 Gifts...


Hey all,
Just wanted to recommend a book I'm listening to and hoping to have a hard copy soon. It's called One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. I just listened to the 3rd chapter yesterday in a crowded cafe. The challenge excited me. She challenged me to keep a running list of gifts God has given to you. The small things. Basically the small things add up to become one giant miracle in your life. They are seeds that are planted in your soul that grow over time into a beautiful great tree. So I will periodically post some gifts that I will write in my "gift journal". (you can do this too...you don't have to have a pretty journal...a scrap of paper or a spiral bound notebook will do just fine) Remember, it's the small things. Ann Voskamp found joy in grated cheese. Grated cheese!
The goal is to get to 1,000 gifts. She said after she got to 1,000 she hasn't stopped. It has changed her life and brought joy. So here I go...

#1. Finding peace and joy in a crowded cafe in Sarajevo
#2. Family movie night "Despicable Me" and esp. watching Israel's fear turn to laughter
#3. First day of school and the excitement that goes with that
#4. Early Sarajevo Mornings
#5. The way the light perfectly shines on the red cathedral

Will you make a list with me of the thousand gifts God has given you? Let me know if you do!

3 comments:

  1. Taylor, I'm also on Chapter 3 :) This book has already changed my life in a much needed way. Glad you're enjoying it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Taylor! It was so so great reconnecting with you in Slovenia! You have such a beautiful family. Joyelle misses Israel. She often asks when we'll get to see all of her friends from the conference again. I hope so much that we get more chances to see each other in the near future!

    Also, I'm reading the same book and am loving it!

    I'm loving keeping up with you via your blog!

    ~Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin N. from Marietta, GAMarch 3, 2011 at 12:55 PM

    Hi, Taylor!
    What a wonderful idea--I'm going to start keeping a gift journal, too. It could be one of the most important things I do in my relationship with God, as it will make me have more gratitude towards Him. I wonder how long it will take me to get to 1000--hopefully, not too long! Thank you, thank you, thank you for the idea!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers