Pages

Monday, December 20, 2010

Advent time...




Okay, here is a real post about our advent time with PICTURES!

This first one is making glitter light holders to symbolize Jesus as the Light of the World:



Israel with Shannon and her candle holder


Elijah putting on the glue


Baby Kristijan (Merima's baby)




Decorating Gingerbread cookies with "Baka" (Kristie)


A Montessori Activity...taken from the blog One Hook Wonder. They take straw from the bowl with tweezers and put them in the cut open toilet paper roll. then they put the clothes pin baby Jesus in it :) They both enjoyed this activity.






Israel playing with the Christmas Lapbook (You can make one Here):



This was a fun activity. We read the story : The Legend of the Poinsetta by Tomie DePaola



The story is about a little girl in Mexico who because of her mother's illness can't make the gift she wanted for the baby Jesus in the manger at the church. The night of the Christmas Eve service, she meets an old woman who tells her she can bring any gift to the baby Jesus, it doesn't have to be something fancy. Just something from your heart. The little girl sees a large group of weeds so she pulls them and places them at the altar. The weeds turn into poinsettias. We made these cute little ornaments to teach the kids that giving the gift from the heart is what matters to God. We took the white paper and crumpled it, then said the poem "What can I give Him poor as I am? If I were a shepherd I would give a lamb. If I were a wise man, I would do my part. What can I give Him? I'll give Him my heart" We crumpled the paper to symbolize that even though our gifts before God look like weeds, He takes it and turns it into something beautiful. Do you like the final outcome? :)


Here's an idea I picked up from Counting Coconuts Christmas tree decorating! It was a hit :)







Merry Christmas Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers