Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A difficult Path


We had a very eventful weekend. I wanted to write all about our fun adventured in Doboj, a city a few hours away where we spent time with a Bosnian family to be immersed in language., but unfortunately that post will either not be written or will need to be postponed. Because on the car ride home from Doboj, I began to bleed and not feel well. You see up until Sunday night, I was carrying our 3rd child. we were only 7 weeks along, but after hearing a very healthy heartbeat and seeing a beautifully developing child on the ultrasound just Wednesday, we had started to tell more people than just our close friends and family. The most difficult people we had to tell about the miscarriage were Israel and Elijah. They had been so excited. But they are taking it well.

This has been a traumatic experience as I'm sure it is for anyone who has to deal with this. This baby was a real human being. We were looking forward to holding him. To smelling his sweet smell. To kissing his baby cheeks. To dressing him up and decorating his nursery. We will kiss and play and sing in Heaven...but until then, we wait.

I'm still processing all that happened. All we are learning, individually and as a family. But I know God has made us stronger through this loss, and my children seem more precious to me than ever.

If you think of it, please pray for us as a family. We are praising God for Shannon, who has been wonderfully taking care of the children when I need to lay down and grieve a bit. She also cleaned our house yesterday. My dear friend Mirela came with me to the doctor yesterday to translate. Sweet friends from my Bible study and Ashley on our team have brought or offered to bring meals. We feel surrounded by God's family all over the world.

We are rejoicing in a new day, that the hardest day is now over. Our baby is no longer in pain. Thank you for your prayers.

16 comments:

  1. Oh, Taylor. I am so very sorry...keeping you, Josh, and the children close in my prayers today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taylor, I am so, so sorry. Andre and I are praying for you and the family, and grieve your loss with you. Sending you a big hug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We also grieve with you and pray that you will know God's sweet comfort. 2 Cor. 1: 3-5

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are weeping with you as we feel your pain, but be at peace beloved His ways are higher. We will trust Him together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i know your sadness twice over. It's so hard to find a balance between grief, trust, hope, and sadness. Much love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Tay, I am so sorry. I wish i could help in some way. We will being praying for you in these coming weeks as you grieve.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Taylor, I know your pain. We lost our 1st child at 10wks. It was heartbreaking but God showed me things I couldn't imagine. I wish I could give you a big hug and help watch the big two while you rest. A great devotional I read during that time was "Grieving The Child I Never Knew" by Kathe Wunnenberg.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sad Taylor. It must be just so sad - but find the sweetness of the presence of Christ in your grief. He loves you INFINITY (that's what Anne says ;-) I love you too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry Taylor- I had no idea this all was going on. I'll be praying for you and your family this week. Even though we rejoice in God's goodness and sovereignty, sometimes life is just plain old hard and hurts. May you feel wrapped in His arms and by the body during this time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry very much for that happened.We all will pray for you.God is watching your family and is taking care especially for you.I wish you could find condolences on our reclines.God bless you.
    Campus crusade on Shkodra,ALBANIA

    ReplyDelete
  11. Taylor I am so sorry to hear about your loss. We are lifting you up in prayer and asking God to wrap his strong arms around you. I know there's nothing that I can say that will make you feel better, but I do know that our God loves you dearly and his heart breaks for you. We lost one at 13 weeks and it was SO hard. I still think of that child that I will not get to meet until we go to heaven. Almost every Sunday at worship they would play that song from Matt Redmond (I think or maybe it's the Newsboys) called Blessed be the Name of the Lord. I still cry when I hear the words "you give and take away.. my heart will choose to say blessed be the name of the Lord". Praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Josh and Taylor, may God's grace and abiding presence bring you comfort in your loss. We will be praying for you and the children.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so, so sorry Taylor. I'm just so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bobby and I are praying for you to be comforted by the Lord. Wish there was more we could do but trust that He will provide exactly what you need in this time. Love to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Josh and Taylor,
    This is so very sad! Jenna and I are praying for you and your family. We love you!
    Daniel Andree

    ReplyDelete
  16. I came over from your comment on the MOB Society. Praying for you this morning. Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Followers